Experience and get to know Bressanone/Brixen and South Tyrol by bike….. There is a variety of routes available:
- Three town tour: Bressanone/Brixen-Chiusa/Klausen-Vipiteno/Sterzing: Comfortable by bike from one town to the next. Vipiteno/Sterzing – the Fugger town, Bressanone/Brixen – the bishop’s town and Chiusa/Klausen – the artist town will draw you into their romantic historic centres with numerous places worth visiting, hidden corners and lots of shops.
- Route 99: The distance between the Brenner Pass and Bolzano/Bozen is exactly 99 km! The cultural cycling route offers an idyllic tour with fascinating views, driving through picturesque villages and passing many interesting places worth seeing such as the Fortezza/Franzensfeste, The Varna/Vahrn Lake, Cloisters Novacella/Neustift, Vipiteno/Sterzing, Bressanone/Brixen and Chiusa/Klausen.
- Varna/Vahrn Lake route: Cycle from Bressanone/Brixen to Cloisters Novacella/Neustift, across the wooden bridge and the Rigger Valley in the direction of the Varna/Vahrn Lake. When you come to the old ammunition store, cross the road and ride down to the Varna/Vahrn Lake.
- Particularly during Spring, when the apple orchards are in full bloom, it is a splendid experience to cycle to Viums on the ‘apple high plateau’ Naz/Natz- Sciaves/Schabs.
- Puster bike..... from Bressanone/Brixen to Muhlbach and across to Brunico/Bruneck and the Puster Valley to Lienz. If you find it is all too much, you can always stop and take the train for the rest of the tour.
- Cycling with a mountain bike is wonderful on the Plose mountain!