First records of the Goldener Adler as a restaurant. Ulrich Halbegg, mayor of the city of Brixen and two years later Ruprecht Halbegg, are the hosts of the house at that time.
the city of Bressanone is flooded and in the memories of that time it is written: "...the Ruepert Halbegg House on the Goldener Adler has been half destroyed..."
Emperor Max I. is one of the guests of this house. He and his entourage are said to have stayed overnight at the historical site. Charles V is also said to have been here
According to the city tax established in 1523, the Halbeggs' "Goldener Adler" consists of 2 houses. From a house letter of 1555 it is stated that Juliane Halbegg sold the building, which in the meantime consisted of 3 houses, to Augustin Beeseen from Torbole on Lake Garda and the latter sold it to Hans Kienhuber.
However, Hans Kienhuber died and Melchior Peisser married the owner's widow, Maria Kienhuber. The Peisser family came from the Peisserhof in Oberau near Franzensfeste. A branch of them came to Bressanone, where they soon entered the service of the prince-bishop's court.
the French writer and philosopher Michel de Montaigne is a guest in the Goldener Adler of the Peisser. He wrote in his book "Le voyage en Italie": he stayed in Brixen, a "Trés belle ville" (a very beautiful city) in a "bonne auberge" (a good hostel)!
the innkeepers also have the honour of serving the entourage of Archduke Ferdinand on the way to Parma.
the future wife of Emperor Ferdinand III, Eleonora of Mantua, travels with an entourage of 800 people via the Puster Valley to Vienna and Hans Peisser makes this entry in his calendar on 31.03.1651
the Venetian envoy Nani comes to the house and...
Hereditary Prince Cosimo of Medici honors the Peisser family of innkeepers.
The Peisser family kept the inn until about 1716. 1716 the family was ennobled with the predicate von und zu Peissenau and thus gave up the catering business.
According to the court archives, Michel Bergmeister became innkeeper at the "Goldener Adler" in 1745, a document from 1772 points to the sale of the estate by Johann Perkmeister.
1757 and 1758
Brixen is again hit by heavy flooding and the Adlerbrücke is completely destroyed. After this catastrophe, the statue of the water protection saint John Nepomuk is erected.
Anna Leichter, married scrap metal, buys the building, which consists of 3 dwellings, called "Zum Goldenen Adler". From 1842 to 1915 the Adler remains exclusively in the possession of the Augscheller family.
The old hall is demolished during the construction of the slaughterhouse, in 1881 the newly built hall is reopened.
According to the land register, Rudolf Knoflach, pig butcher in Bressanone, buys the Goldener Adler.
The "Goldener Adler" is one of the earliest inns in Bressanone known by name. Since 1988 the house has been owned by the Hermann and Maria Mayr family, who decided to revive the long tradition of hospitality. In December 1998 the newly renovated Hotel "Goldener Adler" opens its doors. After the second building lot in autumn 1999, the hotel shines with 28 unique rooms since April 2000 at its reopening, and will probably continue to write important history in the future.
In the competition "Historic Guest House 2015" the Goldener Ader was awarded the "Special Award". The Goldener Adler with its medieval building fabric extending up to the upper floors is a special feature", explained the jury and added: "However, the efforts of the owners should also be honoured, who, in contemporary conversions and extensions, have allowed both economically sensible as well as monument conservation compatible interventions to be carried out on this historically valuable architectural monument. The Mayr family shows great understanding for the history and the extraordinary monumental value of their house and has made a truly successful transformation of an "old" inn into a "new" hotel possible, which meets today's requirements and yet has largely been able to retain its original character".